The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 1021 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 1021 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1021 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1997 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1997 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 669 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(772) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(772) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 772 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "stars" - Line: 294 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 294 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1126 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $customfield - Line: 462 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 462 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 462 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 462 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 471 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 471 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 1 - File: inc/functions_post.php(479) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(479) : eval()'d code 1 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 479 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 672 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 672 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 768 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 768 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 773 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 773 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 811 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(906) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(906) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 906 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1568 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 33 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1600 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 82 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 82 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thread_deleted - Line: 104 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 104 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baofeng Group of HT's
This will be a work in progress for a couple days as I explore how to embed or attach program files for a couple radios I've worked with to date. This thread is somewhat of an experiment as all forums function differently and take some getting used to. It also took some tweaking on Keith and my part to get the forum to accept files for the CHIRP programs and also to accept test and spreadsheet documents from Open Office org.

The attachments here with the .img extension will have to be opened from CHIRP. The one with the .odt extension is a text document and should be able to be opened in Microsoft Word, or as an Open Office Text Document and probably other test editors as well. Good luck, and if something doesn't work or you have questions feel free to post them and ask.

Since what I've seen of the Baofeng HT's, programming and operation is so similar I've combined the 5R and F9 radios here. They are the two I've had experience with. If you use the programs to upload to a radio, just make sure you use the right one. It is so easy to program using CHIRP, I'd really recommend just going ahead and typing in your own parameters and channels.

The idea is to recommend a source for a programming cable. Recommend some software to do the programming. Provide a short step by step tutorial on how to use the programming software.

And last, provide a program file (code plug) that is built to cover a number of U.P. repeaters. The program file should be capable of being sent to the radio and serve as a starting point and example of programming parameters that can be added to fit anyone's needs.

Forum software may not allow attachment of program files, and if not we'll work around that.

Programming the Baofeng's from the radio keypad was a pain and I gave up quickly. The problem I had, as I remember, was getting repeater offsets to take. The Baofeng ops manuals seem pretty decent especially for the price of the radios but they failed me when it came to repeater programming.

This is the Programming Cable I bought, CLICK HERE

For Programming software I really liked CHIRP, to find it, CLICK HERE

I recently found what seems like a really straight forward YouTube video on programming repeater parameters into Baofeng radios from the radio keypad. You will find the video if you, CLICK HERE

And here is a plainly written narrative on programing the Baofengs, CLICK HERE

Here is a screenshot of what the CHIRP programming software looks like with a bunch of UP repeaters, some simplex channels and a couple NOAA weather channels. Once you have the radio connected to your computer and talking to it, the software will ask you to download the programming file from the radio to start things off. That option is under the Radio button in the banner across the top. You will see a little pop up window with a progress bar and lights may flash on the radio when that process is underway. Once that is done, I'd recommend saving the file in a folder dedicated to Baofeng radio stuff. I did it when the radio was new so I had a file I could always go back to if I screwed something up. Use the File/Save As function to do that, give the file a name and save it in your folder.

Once the initial file is saved you can commence with programming by plugging in parameters for the channels you want to program. Then go to the radio button again, select upload to radio and your radio should have the new program. But make sure to use the Save As function again, give the program parameters a new name and save it in your folder. Close the program, turn off the radio and unplug the cable.

Here is what the software looks like with channels programed (screen shot)-

.odt   Word Document View of CHIRP Programming Screen.odt (Size: 112.51 KB / Downloads: 1)

This next attachment is an actual program file with the above channels programmed in. You should be able to download the file saving it to your Baofeng Folder, and then while in the programming software, Open the file and Upload it to a connected radio. This file is for and BF-F9 V2 radio but was programmed using earlier BF-F8 versions of the software. It WILL NOT WORK FOR the BF-5R series radios even though the entries look exactly the same.

.img   Program Public Baofeng BF-F9 V2.img (Size: 6.32 KB / Downloads: 2)

This is a simple code plug program for a UV-R5 series radio with just a few channels programmed but enough to get started, it serves primarily as an example. Again, following instructions in this thread it is so easy to just program using CHIRP, I'd recommend just doing it yourself. The screen on the computer will look exactly like the screen shot of the BF-F9 radio except the UV-5R will be identified in the top left panel of the software screen.

.img   Baofeng UV-5R simple programming file.img (Size: 6.32 KB / Downloads: 3)

This next download is a simple one page Quick Reference Guide I did for a friend who was new to Baofeng. It points out what many of the radio buttons do.

.odt   Running the Baofeng UV-5RV2plus.odt (Size: 161.28 KB / Downloads: 0)

Thanks for lookin'
Brian
Traveling through the universe at 33.7 million kilometers a day on Starship Earth - and enjoying the ride!